What is Crossrail?
Crossrail LTD was established in 2001 to help and develop vital link to the needs of people and business throughout the south east London. This will ensure that London continues its role as Europes leading Financial and business centre.
Crossrail is a joint venture company between the Transport for London (TfL) and the Department for Transport (DfT) until 5 December 2008 when it became a fully owned.. CRL represents a real commitment to the development of new services to tackle the lack of capacity and congestion on the existing network.
They achieved this by consulting with a broad range of stakeholders and the public at large. July 2008 the scheme gained parliamentary approval with the passing of the Crossrail Act.
If you work near or are on a Crossrail site. Your vehicles will have to be Crossrail Compliant.
How does Crossrail Compliant affect me?
All Crossrail contracts contain mandatory requirements for Lorries working on the project.
The Requirements are being implemented with full support of Crossrail’s principal contractors. This is a mandate that all Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) working on the project are fitted with a safety devices.
The Following Safety Devices must be fitted on your HGV’s. If you fail to have the correct safety equipment installed on your vehicle, you could end up being turned away from site.
- all HGVs must have Fresnel lenses
- Side scan equipment which will give of an audible beep in the driver’s cabin. This is to warn the driver of the HGV that there is an object or person on the left inside space.
- Side and Rear Cameras, with a tv monitor in the cabin
- Under-run guards must also be fitted. This is to help prevent cyclists from coming into contact with the HGVs wheels.
- Carry signs must also be fitted to warn cyclists and pedestrians.
You will also need to have a full F.O.R.S Membership. Tardis Environmental has been awarded Bronze Membership.
So if you need a Crossrail Compliant service then give us a call today for more information on 0800 731 0589